According to the article 61, law 4547/2018, the Office of European and International Educational Policy of the IEP is responsible for:
- monitoring and studying European and international education policy,
- the comparative study of European and international curricula in primary and secondary education in primary and secondary education, teaching and learning methods and teacher education and training methods,
- the compilation and publication of annotated analysis of the results of the Greek participation in international programs for primary and secondary education, as well as their evaluation,
- networking IEP with relevant European and international institutes, as well as its participation in international educational policy organizations,
- informing various European and international educational policy organizations about the Greek education system and its reforms,
- the exchange of information and know-how with European and international counterparts on issues relating to the responsibilities of the IEP,
- organizing exchange visits and on-the-site training and peer learning activities between members of the IEP and members of institutions from other countries.