Kostas Karnavas holds a
- B.Sc. in History from History Department of Ionian University (Corfu)
- Ed. in educational studies from Hellenic Open University, and
- is Ph.D. candidate in Department of Archives, Library and Museology of Ionian University (Corfu), with dissertation title: “The administrative and legal integration in the Greek state of northern and eastern Aegean islands that liberated during the Balkan Wars (1912-1913)”
- He is a teacher, working at Greek public secondary schools since 2007.
- He is currently attached to the Institute of Educational Policy in the Humanities and Literature Unit, as well as in the School Administration, Rights and Gender Equality Unit.
Publications & Projects
He has published/conducted research on the following fields:
- Military analysis
- International relations
His research interests focus on
- Greek literature
- Modern Greek language
He has participated in the following projects/programmes:
Study Visits (as project manager: 2009-2011, State Scholarships Foundation/IKY)
Comenius IST (as project manager: 2011-2013, State Scholarships Foundation/IKY)
He has participated in:
- Study Visits program annual meeting (Cedefop, Thessaloniki, 2010)
- Comenius program conference (European Commission, Brussels, 2012)
- He has implemented/organized the following Study Visits meetings/conferences:
- Supporting disadvantaged groups in primary and secondary education, Corfu, 23-27/01/2012.
- Reforming the Greek educational system, Athens, 5-9/12/2011.
- Innovative approaches to reinforcing respect for the environment, Corinth, 26-30/09/2011
- Integration of migrants through civil society and State mechanisms, Athens, 9-13/05/2011.
- Creative learning pathways in formal and non-formal education, Patras, 4-8/04/2011.
- An overview of lifelong learning, Corfu, 17-20/01/2011.
- Creating a “sustainable” school, Athens, 22-26/11/2010.
- Environmental education in primary and secondary schools, Larissa, 26-30/04/2010.
- Use of laboratories for teaching sciences and gaining vocational competences, Athens, 15-18/03/2010
- Strategies of education for sustainable development in Greece, Athens, 8-11/02/2010
- Legislation and institutions for pupils with special needs in Greece, Athens, 23-27/11/2009
- Foreign language teaching and learning in primary, secondary and higher education, Corfu, 19-22/10/2009
He has implemented many educational school programs and is assessor of Erasmus+ program.