- Anna Afentoulidou completed her undergraduate studies at the Department of Philology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- She continued with her postgraduate studies at the same university on Surrealism and Cypriot Literature, as well as, on Creative Writing, following an Interdisciplinary Masters Program of the University of Western Macedonia and the Hellenic Open University.
- She is a poet (Short List of State Poetry Award 2014 of the Ministry of Culture) and a literary critic (indicative reviews at the Biblionet Database of National Book Centre, see here)
- She has worked for over 20 years as a PE02 philologist in Secondary Education acquiring considerable teaching experience.
- From 2017 onwards she has been detached at the Institute of Educational Policy and is allocated in the Humanities and Literature Unit, as alternate coordinator, and in the Special Education Unit (SEU)
Publications & Projects
- Since 2018, she has been appointed a member of the Panel of the State Literary Awards of the Ministry of Culture.
- Her scientific interests relate mainly to Literature, Creative Writing and to the special educational needs of people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
- She is has written 6 books (2 literary works and 4 scientific studies) and participated in 5 collective volumes (3 literary and 2 study volumes). She has also written many essays and articles in literary magazines, and participated in many Greek and international conferences and scientific seminars.
- She has been, and still is a member of work groups on educational materials such as the curriculum of Literary Education, reception classes for refugees, special education and differentiated instruction, as well as on actions to prevent addiction in youth. For the implementation of the aforementioned subjects she has produces relevant educational material.